Video Submission Guidelines
Surgical Video Highlights
- The producer is required to be a registered and paid delegate in order for the video to be accepted.
- Videos which are deemed to be offensive by the Scientific Committee because of racial, sexual, or religious content will be disqualified. Disqualified videos will not be shown during the meeting. The decision of the Scientific Committee is final.
- Certificate (electronic) of appreciation for participating in the video symposium will be given to the first author after the event. There will be no award given for any video.
- All accepted films will be played throughout the meeting at the Video Symposium Room
- Producers are encouraged to attend the Video Symposium Room in person should the audience have any questions on the video contents.
- Please send in your video no later than 31st August 2018, video received after 31st August 2018 will be rejected.
- Failure to present your accepted abstract(s) at this meeting will result in blacklist from presenting at subsequent conjoint meeting unless the authors submit reasonable excuse in writing.
- Opening Credits should include financial interest statement.
- Video presentations should not exceed 10 minutes. Video exceeding the 10-minute limit (including opening introduction and closing credits) will be disqualified.
- Videos submitted to UKM will NOT be returned to the producer. Therefore do not send the master/original copy of your video. The video must be properly labelled with the producer’s name and the title of the video (not exceeding 20 words). The title on the label must match the title submitted and the title as presented in the video.
- The video should not be a filmed PowerPoint presentation.
- The microphone should be of high quality to avoid “popping Ps” and echo chamber effects.
- All presentations must be in English with English titling, subtitling and soundtrack. The contents must be understandable to an English-speaking person.
- The video should be shown on screen as seen by the surgeon with images of the eye and eye surgery filling most of the screen.
- Graphics, schematic illustrations, and animation can be used to clarify points.
- Acknowledgement of prior investigators and contributors is required
Videos are to be submitted in the following format:
- Format: MPEG-4 (MP4)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Codec: H.264
- Preferred Resolution: 1080p (1920×1080)
- File Size: NOT more than 500 MB
Please send in your video no later than 31st August 2018, video received after 31st August 2018 will be rejected. Please send in your video with either one of these options:
Option 1: Electronic
You may send your video to us via any ONE of the Online File Sharing Services:
- Google Drive
Please send the download link of the file in the online form. Our Secretariat will acknowledge receipt of your film upon receipt.
Option 2: CD copy
You may send your video to us via a CD. You will need to inform us the date/time to receive the CD from you. We can only receive the video in Eye Clinic, PPUKM during office hour.